Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dryer Sheets, so many uses!

I've always saved dryer sheets for dusting.  I keep a basket in my laundry room and as I take clothes out of the dryer, I deposit the used dryer sheet into the basket.  Every now and then I will use it to wipe down the lint and dust of the washer and dryer.  When I dry dust furniture around the house, I use a dryer sheet.  They pick up dust and it sticks to the sheet. 

 Real Simple is one of my favorite magazines, but I stopped buying it so often when their website took off. (It's a pricey mag). They always have a section called "New Uses for Old Things" that I believe may have sent me in the dryer sheets as dusting agents direction. I honestly can't remember why I started doing it, I've been doing it too long to remember! 

I've seen some Pinterest pins floating around about using dryer sheets to clean in other areas.  I've tries two and wanted to see what you may use dryer sheets for....


Dryer sheets really do get soap scum off shower doors!!
If you have a favorite shower cleaner, use it with your used dryer sheets. 
Pinned Image
source: Real Simple

I myself have tried many bathroom cleaners, and never really had a favorite.  I'm a fan of Vinegar.  And when I saw this pin about vinegar, dish soap, and cornstarch being a scum remover, I went at my shower!  I added dryer sheets as my scrubbing agent and skipped the cornstarch.  Here's my recipe:


Soap Scum Remover

2 cups white vinegar
2 tbsp dish soap
used dryer sheets

In clean spray bottle, mix vinegar and dish soap together.  (Shake well)
Spray shower walls and doors with mixture.  Wait. (I wash my hair, shave my legs, whatever needs done while I wait)
Use dryer sheets to scrub walls and doors.  Rinse. 





Dryer sheets are great for washing the car!


So, the other day the little one and I were washing the car.  It's love bug season and they were not coming off!  I needed some scrubbing power but couldn't find anything that would scratch the paint.  After a quick look through pinterest I saw a recommendation for using dryer sheets to wash the car.  Thank goodness I keep them!  I grabbed a handful and took to the bug scrubbing! 

IT WORKED GREAT!!!  Most of the stuck on bugs just wiped right off and the rest just required a little oopmh behind the dryer sheet (meaning I had to scrub hard).  I used plain ol' dish soap and dryer sheets and cleaned my entire car. 

I'll never use a rag again for the car!  I love that I can reuse dryer sheets and I can throw them away after they do their bug duty!

Tell me, do you reuse dryer sheets?




1 comment:

  1. I've used them for static electricity in my hair and I've also folded them up and put them in my AC vent for a fresh clean linen smell!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...