Navigation Bar

Monday, April 2, 2012

Power Thoughts {WEEK 4}




READ:
Read through page 39-95 of Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer .


As you read, Highlight the passages that jump out to you, the ones that grab your attention or tug on your heart strings. What is God revealing to you through these pages? Write down your thoughts in your book or journal.

The rest of the introductory chapters focus on what we’ve been learning…power over your mind.  Continue through those chapters as you begin to focus on the first Power Thought. 


DEFINE:

1.   Strength     streNG(k)TH

Noun:
1.    The quality or state of being strong, in particular.
2.    Physical power and energy



Key Points:
*I
do not have the power, smarts, or strength to do anything.  Christ has the power and He lives inside of me, therefore Christ and I together have the power, smarts, and strength to do anything I need to do. 
*God will not call me to do anything He will not empower and enable me to do. 
*I have the gifts, talents, and abilities to do what God has called me to do. 
*My attitude is more important than the challenge. 

*
His strength is made perfect in my weakness
*Be available for God to work through you
*Take it 1 day at a time.
 



God's Word:

Philippians 4:13 
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me {I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me: I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency} 




ACTION:
Write down Philippians 4:13 on post it notes, posters, journals…anything you touch and see daily.  Post it notes can be stuck to bathroom mirrors and car steering wheels.  Posters can be posted on the fridge, on the front door, and on your nightstand.  For each page  you write in your journal or notebook, write across the top the verse. 


PRAY:   Jesus, I need your strength.  Holy Spirit rise up inside of me an energy that cannot be mistaken.  Set my feet on the path built upon a solid foundation in Your Word.  Help me remember that I am able to do all things and face every challenge because I am not alone.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...