Navigation Bar

Monday, July 16, 2012

Power Thoughts {WEEK 15}

READ: This month we will focus on pages 142-156 of Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer .

As you read, Highlight the passages that jump out to you, the ones that grab your attention or tug on your heart strings. What is God revealing to you through these pages? Write down your thoughts in your book or journal.

I LOVE PEOPLE AND I ENJOY HELPING THEM- Power Thought #5
John 13:34  I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another.  Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.

(pages 142-146)
True love is more than a warm, fuzzy feeling....  Real love is an action.  Real love is a commitment.  Real love is a choice.  In order to purposefully love, your mind must be filled with thoughts of generosity for others. 


Take "me" out of the equation.... Real love has nothing to do with me, myself, or I and what I want.  It has everything to do with sacrificing self to do for others...even when we don't feel like it, even when we feel others don't deserve it. 
Many people live in unhappiness and waver over into depression from time to time, if not consumed with depression.  Many times, when we get to the root of unhappiness and depression, we find the root centered around self.  Roots do deep in expectation of what others will do for us that we sink into disappointment often...because the truth is, people will always let us down.  LET GO OF EXPECTATIONS AND YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! 
A life rooted in God and serving Him will lead to happiness.  He will never disappoint.  His plan for you is one of hope, one that laughs in the face of depression. 


ACTION:  Make it a point to do one nice thing for one person daily.  Ask God each morning to show you whom you can bless today. 
If you battle with depression, or general unhappiness, seek out the root of your disappointments in life.  God will reveal them to you.  You may have to face some hard truth about yourself, but once you do, you can begin to recover and build a New life rooted in Christ. 

PRAY: Dear Lord,  Thank you that you loved us so that we may love others.  Show me each and every day a person in need, a person I can bless, even if its just by loving them.  I ask for your blessings in my life so that I may be a blessing to others. 

Lord, if there is anything hindering my blessings please reveal them to me.  Help me to be all that you want me to be.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...