Navigation Bar

Monday, July 2, 2012

Power Thoughts {Week 13}

READ: This month we will focus on pages 126-141 of Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer .

As you read, Highlight the passages that jump out to you, the ones that grab your attention or tug on your heart strings. What is God revealing to you through these pages? Write down your thoughts in your book or journal.

I Am Difficult to Offend - Power Thought #4
Psalm 119:165
"Great peace have they who love Your law: nothing shall offend them or make them stumble"

Knowing YourselfWe can learn to read our own bodies and determine timeswhen we might be offended a little easier than other times.  Being tired or overworked is a good example.  Certain conversations and/or situation may cause stress that can boost hurt feelings, and weaken our mindset.  For women, PMS and Menopaise can be a very sensitive time when we can easily be offended and offend those around us as well.  Learning to read our bodies and know when we are most sensitive will help to avoid being tempted to sin (being offended is a sin).

ACTION:  Take a note of any times this week you feel offended.  Note how your body is feeling at the moment.  If you are tired, or stressed, are you getting offended easier?  Determine a good break for you.  If you are getting offended, maybe you need to take a time out.  For me I can do crafts or read a magazine to change my mindset. 
PRAY: Dear Lord, Thank you for allowing us to forgive others just as you forgive us.  Help me to make choices that limit hurt feelings in myself and to others.  I continue to pray for those who have hurt me, I pray for favor with them and I pray that their hearts would be turned and they too would have all the desires of their hearts.   In Jesus Name AMEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...