Navigation Bar

Monday, June 25, 2012

Power Thoughts {WEEK 12}

READ: This month we will focus on pages 126-141 of Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer .

As you read, Highlight the passages that jump out to you, the ones that grab your attention or tug on your heart strings. What is God revealing to you through these pages? Write down your thoughts in your book or journal.

I Am Difficult to Offend - Power Thought #4
Psalm 119:165
"Great peace have they who love Your law: nothing shall offend them or make them stumble"

Satan's Trap
We live in a world full of opportunities to be offended, become angry. As I type this, I am battling that temptation right now. I have a choice, to become angry and offended or just choose to not allow it to steal my joy. Unfortunately, every other person in this world has that very choice too. Some are just better at it then others. If we have a "difficult to offend" mindset, then we become better at it each time the temptation arises.

Praying for those that hurt us is one of the hardest things to do. Recently, I had to pray that God would move in a situation involving others that had caused a lot of trouble in my life. I didn't pray that God would strike them down like my flesh was screaming, but I prayed that God would open their hearts and minds and they would choose right, no matter their own fleshly desires. That right would be right. Then I asked for favor in the situation. Guess what? They chose right. One person in particular even made the comment "what's right is right"....

Forgiving those who hurt you is your super power. You overcome evil with good... you frustrate Satan when you pray for those he sent to steal your joy.
ACTION: Choose 3 people this week (or more) who have hurt you in the past...or even recently. Pray for them. If they need Jesus, pray for Him to move in their lives. If they know Christ yet have become bait for Satan, pray that they are set free. You will be surprised, the more you pray for these people, the easier you will let go of the offense.
PRAY: Dear Lord, Thank you for forgiving me every time I've needed forgiveness. Help me to be more like you in that I can easily forgive those who offend me. I pray for them Lord, I pray that they too can receive the Joy I have in you.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...