Navigation Bar

Monday, February 13, 2012

14 Days of God's Love - Enjoying God's Love

 

Enjoying God's Love
by Joyce Meyer
The Bible says many times that God loves us.  But how many of God's children still lack revelation concerning God's love?  The truth is, very few of God's people really know how much He loves them,.  If they did, they would act differently.

Many years ago, I began studying how people can learn to receive God's love, and I realized that I was in desperate need of it myself.  The Lord led me in my study to 1 John 4:16 and emphasized the importance of being conscious of His love.  This means God's love should be something we are actively aware of.  But how does one find the awareness?

I studied this subject for a long time, and I became conscious of God's love for me through thinking about His love and by confessing it aloud.  I learned scriptures about the love of God, and I meditated on them and confessed them out of my mouth.  I did this over and over for a month, and all the time the revelation of His unconditional love for me was becoming more and more of a reality to me.

Now, His love is so real to me that even in hard times, I am comforted by the "conscious knowing" that He loves me and that I no longer have to live in fear.  This can happen to you, too.

I encourage you to know and believe His love for you.  Meditate on and speak about God's love that He expresses to you in His love letters--the Scriptures.  Why not start with 1 John 4:16!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...