Navigation Bar

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

AM and FM thoughts

Are My Thoughts "For Me"or "Against Me"?
This was taken from Chapter 6 in A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

One morning I woke up feeling discouraged by thoughts of doubt: I can’t do it all! I don’t have enough time. I don’t have enough energy. I don’t have what it takes to do all God’s called me to do. My thoughts were against me and my feelings were too.

While I was lying in bed feeling completely inadequate, my radio alarm came on and Twila Paris interrupted my thoughts with the words of her song God is in control.i As I listened to her sing, my thoughts were aligned with God’s truth and it changed my whole perspective.

But it only happened because I had set the dial of my radio to that station the night before.

In the same way a radio has an AM and FM frequency, so do our thoughts. They are either AM (
against me) thoughts or FM (for me) thoughts. And if our thoughts are against us, our feelings will be too. It’s up to us to set the dial of our thoughts to God’s "For Me" thoughts each day.

When you get that "I’m not good enough" feeling, stop and identify what thought triggered the emotion of self-doubt. Then compare your thoughts to God’s thoughts toward you. Do they match? If not, look for a promise in God’s Word to replace the lie that has filled your heart with doubt.
AM and FM thoughts to help you get started:

• When doubt comes against me, saying I’m not good enough, I will focus on the truth that God is for me! He says I’m fearfully and wonderfully made; all of His works are wonderful and I am one of them (Ps. 139:14).

• When doubt comes against me, saying I shouldn’t get my hopes up because I’ll only be disappointed, I’ll remember God is for me! He has plans for my life that are filled with purpose and hope (Jer. 29:11).

• When doubt comes against me, saying nobody loves me, I will cling to the truth that God is for me! He loves me so much that He gave His only Son to live and die for me, and He chose me to be adopted into His family. ( John 3:16, Eph. 1:4–5).

• When doubt comes against me, saying I can’t do something because it’s too hard, I will remember God is for me! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13).


Renee Swope’s passion is to lead women to live confidently in Christ by showing them how to rely on and live in the power of God’s promises in their everyday lives. For more information about Renee and her ministry, visit www.ReneeSwope.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...