Navigation Bar

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Expect The Blessings

Expect the Blessings

When I left the house the other morning, I knew I had a busy day ahead of me.  I was already pressed for time, so I said, “Lord I really need to get front row parking at the first couple of places I’m going.  I need to be able to get in and get out.”  Well that’s exactly what He did!  I immediately started praising Him and then I said, “Lord while you’re at it go ahead and bless me with front row parking at the next two businesses as well!  I was expecting and believing this to be and it was!  Thank you Lord for your unmerited favor!




You see, there was a time in my life when I wouldn’t dare ask for a parking spot, let alone something bigger, because I thought you had to “work” for your blessings.  By “work” I mean put your time in with the Lord, such as reading so much of the Word and praying for a certain amount of time each day. If I “worked” hard enough, then I believed that I deserved the blessings and if I didn’t then I thought I was unworthy to be blessed.

Well, that is a lie straight from the pit of hell!  We do not have to work for our blessings!  Jesus already paid the price on the cross for us and blessings are part of that price!  In Deuteronomy 28 it says that the blessings of God are chasing us down and knocking us over! King James uses the word “overtake” which can be interpreted as SURPRISE.  God loves to continually surprise His believers with his loving kindness and blessings. Read Deuteronomy 28 in several different versions, I suggest The Message and The Amplified. The list of blessings given to Israel goes one and on. To the children of Israel everything in Canaan belonged to them. To you and me (heirs to the promise as it is written in Christ’s last Will & Testament) it means that God wishes to continue His covenant with you as it was with the children of Israel. The only action required of us is to obey His commandments, expect, believe and receive!
 The Lord would love nothing more than to bless your socks off…so what are you waiting for…obey, expect, believe and receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...