Navigation Bar

Friday, March 30, 2012

The Hunger Games..... True, Noble, Pure, Praiseworthy?

Have you seen The Hunger Games?  Have you allowed your children to see it or read the series of books?  If not, I'm sure you've see the hype.  I have, and I wondered what it was all about.  Thus began by search for a broader perspective....I'm not one to do what everyone else is doing very often, but I do often wonder if I may be missing out. 







True Woman | A Parent's Guide to The Hunger Games

Plugged In Movie Review : The Hunger Games 

Focus on the Family Book Review:  The Hunger Games

As an adult, I am able to filter things I watch or read through the Word of God. I am able to throw out of my mind (although I wonder why I don't just shut it off to begin with, as putting things out of ones mind could prove to be a more difficult task than just shutting the book or turning off the TV) what is not noble, pure, lovely, admirable, Holy....  As for my children, I still remain their moral authority.  Until the day that they can be trusted to deal with the consequences of their own moral decisions, I must take charge. 

After reading the above reviews, I don't think we will be giving in to any Hunger Games hype, books or movie.  I however, have young minds.  If you have older minds, teens, able to think through synopsis....are you talking with them about this movie/book series?  I like that Focus on the Family gives questions to discuss with your teens if you allow them to read the books. 


I caution you to search out the things feeding your teens minds.  Music, books, tv, games, computer....these my friends are the things upon which they are thinking.  Do these things line up with Philippians 4:8?  The bible is clear, whatsover a man thinks, he is. 

 The things your teens think, is that what you want them to be?  I'm not just talking about the lip service they pay you.  Our teens are pretty smart and know exactly what to say to us to keep us at a trusting distance.  What your children are consistently listening to, watching, reading....that is what they think upon. 

Philippians 4:8

New International Version (NIV)
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...