Navigation Bar

Monday, March 26, 2012

Countdown to Easter - Day 14



Easter is quickly approaching and I want to emphasize the Lamb to my children more than the bunny.  It's something we always say is our goal, and we always have a family discussion about what Easter and Christmas are really about, but we still get caught up in the chocolate bunnies and colored eggs.  I guess in order to pass the True story on to my children, I really need to start with myself. 

This is and should be celebrated as the most important holiday of the year!  This is why we have Joy, because Jesus took all of our sins to the cross and tore the veil that separated us from God the Father.  We live because He died and rose again.  Rejoice!  He Lives!

Spend the next 14 days Intentionally celebrating Easter.  I'll post an Easter Challenge each day.  I'd love to see pictures and updates.  If you email me your picture of you doing the Easter celebration, I'll post them on the blog to encourage others!  I need to know I'm not the only one out there doing this!!

DAY 14 - Plant an Easter Garden. 

Don't run away!  This is a small, simple tabletop garden.
Here's our lil' garden.  I'll update with pics as the grass grows in.  I'm sure it will look a whole lot prettier then.  
 


You can do this in any plant base or basket you have you have.  You just need enough potting soil to fill it and make a mound.  Fit a small pot, laying on its side into the mound so that only the opening is showing.  This will be your tomb.  Add small rocks or pebbles in front of your tomb and a large rock to be the "stone that was rolled away".

Search for small twigs or sticks that can be shaped into a cross by breaking away some of the outer limbs. We couldn't find any so we made crosses with sticks and a glue gun.  You will need 3 crosses.  Place these on your hill. 

Add grass seed. Shade grass will do best. Sprinkle it over your mound. Spray a mist of water over the seed several times each day. Keep in a warm, sunny spot and your seeds should sprout in a week or more.

Here's another Easter Garden.  I love all the greenery! Check out the full story on this Easter Garden at A Holy Experience. 


This one is from Velvet on the Page!  Doesn't it look fantastic?  I hope our grass comes in as pretty!
pic source: Velvet on the Page


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...