Navigation Bar

Monday, March 19, 2012

Power Thoughts {WEEK 2}



READ:
Read through page 9-23 of Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer .

Highlight the passages that jump out to you, the ones that grab your attention or tug on your heart strings. What is God revealing to you through these pages? Write down your thoughts in your book or journal.  
 
DEFINE:

at·ti·tude/ˈatiˌt(y)o͞od/

Noun:
  1. A settled way of thinking or feeling, typically reflected in a person's behavior.

Key Points:
Maintain the right attitude during the tough times
Rough times won’t last forever
Do not make major decisions during tough times
Stay in touch with God
Keep things in perspective

God's Word:

Amplified Bible (AMP)
8Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [[a]in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
9Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same ([b]identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.

ACTION:
~Choose to adjust any negative attitudes that creep up by applying the rules mentioned in the book.  Write each rule down on a sticky note and keep it in your purse or wallet so you can refer to the rules, each time a negative thought enters your mind. 
~Read
Psalm 42
~Write down in your notebook or journal, 5 things that bring you joy. 
PRAY:
Father God, 
     Help me to see myself as you see me, complete, secure and whole. Holy Spirit convict me of any thoughts that are not of you and help me to replace them with thoughts that line up with your Word. I know I need to change my attitude about ____________ .  Lead me, guide me as I pursue Joy in this area.  In Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...